Thursday, May 7, 2009

Graduation is around the corner.



First off let me just say that I can not stand the DSM. I am not in the program and this book gives me Anxiety attacks. I can not tell you how many times I had to sit down and look through this book that causes small children to cry. Let alone the adults. It is a wonder how anyone would could or should have to endure such a thick book of terror. The next thing is this program seems to infect not only the preson taking it but the people around it.




Watching a movie now is an ordeal. I never before would watch a movie and try to see if the film was teaching a child things that are "not ok" as my wife would put it. I would look at it from the perspective of the film is made to entertain and that has not barring on the way that a child will act and or see the world; because that is the parents job to teach.




Erica and I watched the movie The Incrediblles. This is the perceptions that each of us got out of this film.




Anthony: I saw that the movie was well written, it had alot of cool graphics and action. I saw that the villian was very believeable and that the heros were more that capable of winning.




Pretty cut and dry. Now here is what Erica Lea Lewis B.A., M.S., MFTI thinks of the film.




In the first ten minutes of the film. There is a man that is trying to kill himself by jumping off a building. It teaches a child that they should not be who they are but be the person that fits into the way that the world wants you to be. That you can not always do your best.




That is how I watch movies today to see the deeper picture of what it is portraying to kids and how it will effect them in the future. I don't know maybe I needed to see this in a differnet light and let myself monitor what I watch as well as my future kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment